Yarn Asylum opened in October, 2013. Our mission is to provide yarn and notions to knitters and crocheters in the greater Clarksville, TN area. Our goal is to offer a wide variety of these supplies to accommodate the budgets and skill levels of the majority of yarn crafters.
In addition to products, we want to offer a safe and welcoming place for you to come and enjoy the company of others who share the same fiber addictions.
Join us for Group Therapy on Wednesday mornings from 10:00am to 12:00 pm. This is a free and social time to come and work on your projects, inspire and be inspired! It is a great way to meet new friends and gather with old ones. Group Therapy is an ADULT only time. Please note that anytime we are open, the table is available for you to sit and knit or crochet.
If you haven’t already, sign up for our Newsletter to stay informed about what is happening at Yarn Asylum. I try to send it out monthly, but I must admit that sometimes life interferes with my best intentions.
Here, you will find a listing of our Classes. If you see a class you are interested in attending, check out the Events section and see when it is scheduled. If it is not on the schedule, let us know and we will get a class scheduled as soon as we can!
The blog – My Life as the Director of an Asylum – will be where you can find frequent Yarn Asylum updates and my rants and raves.
- We offer a Yarn Asylum Support Program. For each purchase, you receive a stamp on your card for every $20 you spend (excluding class fees, sale items and sales tax). When your Support Program card is full, you can redeem it for $20 off your next purchase. While I try to remember to ask everyone if they have their card with them, it is your responsibility to remember to present it. Cards will not be stamped except at the time of purchase.
- We are happy to answer customers brief knitting questions over the counter when time permits. If you need extensive help (more than 5 minutes) or you bought your yarn elsewhere, please sign up for one of our Drop In Clinics, or make an appointment for a private lesson.
- Well behaved children are always welcome at Yarn Asylum. It is your responsibility to watch your children at all times.
- At this time, we do not have a policy prohibiting food and drinks at Yarn Asylum. (We have to eat here too!) We do ask that you limit these items to the table area and be courteous of other visitors and the inventory.
- If you would like us to wind your yarn, just ask. We are pleased to offer complimentary winding services for all hanks of yarn purchased in our shop. Please remember that once we wind a skein for you, it isn’t returnable. If you aren’t sure if you’ll need all those skeins for your project, wind only one or two and bring the others in to be wound as needed. We only ask that you keep the original label on the unwound skein so we know it was purchased at Yarn Asylum. Special events or sales mean that we may be too busy to wind your yarn at that particular time. Should this happen, you can always leave your yarn with us to be wound, and pick it up at another time. Or as stated above, just keep the original labels on the skeins and bring them in anytime to be wound.
- We will wind certain yarn that is not purchased at Yarn Asylum for a fee of $2 per hank. Based on the condition of the yarn and the content, we reserve the right to determine if we will wind your yarn. Please note that we are not responsible for yarn purchased elsewhere if it is damaged by our ball winder.
- Special orders requests are welcome and we will do our best to accommodate them if possible. All special orders must be paid in advance. Additional shipping and handling fees may be required.
- Unused yarn with original labels and receipt can be returned within 60 days for store credit or exchange. Yarn must be in its original condition. Yarn that has been wound, covered in pet hair and smelling like smoke or last night’s dinner is yours forever.
- Knitting needles and crochet hooks are not returnable or exchangeable unless defective.
- Final sale items include: gift certificates, books, patterns, magazines, clearance and special order yarns/products.